Forum rules and guidelines
Be respectful to other community members, even when there’s a disagreement:
- All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective. However, you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community.
- Criticism should be constructive, not offensive. Personal attacks and hate speech will not be tolerated; this includes negative comments or slurs against race, sexual orientation or gender, or threats to a user’s safety.
- Distribution of personal or sensitive information about other users will not be tolerated.
No NSFW (not safe for work) material:
- Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting.
- Spam is defined as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc.
- Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.
No cross posting:
- Do not post the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum which is most suitable in which to post your question. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.
Do not post copyright-infringing material:
- Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, and media.
- May not include affiliate links, duplicate links, tiny URL's or redirects.
- Prohibited from containing explicit advertising and solicitous language.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change or remove your signature or avatar at any time if it violates the community guidelines.
- Do not PM users without permission.
- The forum language is English only. Please only post in other languages in PM.
- Soliciting services for jobs and projects is not allowed.
- If you are found to be exploiting other developers’ code, or we suspect that you are engaged in fraudulent or illegal activity in connection with your use of Swell services, we reserve the right to ban you from the Swell forums.
- Do not use the word Swell in your user name, screen name or in your domain name in any form or combination. Doing so causes confusion to users that you, your app, or website are an official Swell support channel, product, or service.
- Do not disguise yourself or represent another user or company by name, avatar, or statements.
- The above forum rules also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings and banning from this community.
- We reserve the right to remove content that violates the Swell forum guidelines.
- Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing or deletion of your post. Repeat offenses may result in temporary or permanent banning. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site.
- We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.
- The information presented in this forum is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, business or financial advice by Swell. You should consult your own attorney or other experts before relying on any information available in this forum. Some of the information contained in this forum is provided by third party users. Swell is not responsible for such content, and does not approve, verify or otherwise endorse such information. All information in this forum is provided only as general information and may not be accurate, up to date, or correctly reflect the current state of the law or the policies of Swell or any third party providers. Swell expressly disclaims all liability in respect of any or all content in this forum.
This discussion has been closed.