📣 The forum has moved to GitHub

We’ve switched to GitHub Discussions as the hub for our community. This will improve the experience of collaborating for everyone, sharing what you’re working on, and discussing ideas for how Swell can be improved. Existing threads will remain open, but new posts are disabled.

Go to GitHub →

Embeddable Direct buy buttons for Landing pages coming soon?

I love how swell is solving a very genuine problem. It is headless commerce by nature and also provides a frontend to build upon. 

Along the same lines, it would be awesome to bring Embeddable Direct buy buttons for Landing pages. This would be super for Unbounce landing pages, and I have an idea for this.

Because Swell is independent of the backend, this embeddable button can provide direct checkout in a pop-up without even leaving the landing page. 

Don't you think this can be awesome?

Best Answer

• Jesse B
    Accepted Answer

Hey Dan!

Thank you for posting this suggestion! We don’t officially support doing that yet but we are considering adding a mini/embeddable checkout in the future.

Answers

• Yay!!!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Hey @Dan Brown, co-founder here. You're absolutely right—this would be an incredible feature. We've been chatting about it and want to see what we can do. A direct buy button would be awesome for things like blogs. If you have any other ideas, would love to hear them. Would also love to hear if you've heard from other people who would want a feature like this. Have a great day!

• Hi @Joshua Voydik.

I own a small agency in India. We help people in building their web presence. Currently, we are using Shopify, Woocommerce, and Wix.

Our customers love Shopify's buy button because it can be embedded anywhere by pasting few lines of code.

It's easy to get a buy button in Shopify:

And then they have to select a product for which the button is needed.

We use these buttons extensively on blogs, landing pages, sales funnels, and marketing funnels, and sometimes, when applicable we use them on the 404 error pages as well. The possibilities are endless and only restricted by our imagination.

• This is an awesome response. Going to chat with a couple team members and see if we can get this built. Seems like a it'd be great for the headless commerce ecosystem.

• A check-out button would be helpful for me too.

Is there any update on this?

• Melissa  Lambrecht
    edited June 2022

Any update on the status of a buy button with remote cart widget? We have been waiting for this since September 2021.

• Hi @Dan Brown , @Melissa Lambrecht & @Vintage Wally

The purchase links were released some time ago, and you can find the option within the Products menu item.

• I was asking about buy buttons and remote cart widget like other platforms have. This would enable multiple products to be added to a cart widget on another site, like WordPress. Purchase links do not work this way.