πŸ“£ The forum has moved to GitHub

We’ve switched to GitHub Discussions as the hub for our community. This will improve the experience of collaborating for everyone, sharing what you’re working on, and discussing ideas for how Swell can be improved. Existing threads will remain open, but new posts are disabled.

Go to GitHub β†’

Webhook data, email please...

I noticed that much of the data that gets passed through via webhook does not include the email address.

Can we get this added? This makes it very difficult when using comprehensive marketing platforms like AC, DRIP or Encharge.

It really should be included in almost everything.

Thanks,

Shawn

Answers

• Hi Shawn,

Thank you for bringing this up. Can you add an example of a webhook event where the email address data is not included?

We currently have an open ticket for adding an email field in order events for webhooks, but not sure If this would be the same for your use case.

• Hey Jesse,

To be honest most of them do not have the email.

For example... subscription created, subscription paused, subscription resumed etc...

If possible I would just include it in all of them as everyone's use case may be different.

It's one of the main identifiers for automations.

Hope that helps,

Shawn

• I would really like the email address to included in the order.create webhook. Right now I make a request to the accounts endpoint to get the email address.

• @Jesse B Any update on if email data will be incorporated for webhooks?

• @Shawn McConnon thank you for following up. Currently, this is considered an improvement. Our team is focusing on fixing bugs for Q1 of this year and improvements like this are placed on our backlog. With that being mentioned, we don't have an ETA yet with the deployment of the additional feature for the webhooks.

I also would like to mention that we are working on improving our turnaround on issues by expanding our engineering team and having issues go through the pipeline quicker. We are also improving our QA process to reduce and prevent issues from getting out to the public in the first place.

• Hey @Jesse B I was just curious if this is something we can see in the near future? The email address in webhook data is greatly needed for CRM and email platforms.

Thanks for your help,

Shawn