📣 The forum has moved to GitHub

We’ve switched to GitHub Discussions as the hub for our community. This will improve the experience of collaborating for everyone, sharing what you’re working on, and discussing ideas for how Swell can be improved. Existing threads will remain open, but new posts are disabled.

Go to GitHub →

Language/Currency Based on domain

Hello,

Is there a way you could make it so that the Language and Currency could be assigned as a default to a domain?

So if someone browses to my ".com" domain it would be by default English and USD currency.

If someone browsers to my ".jp" domain it would be by default Japanese and YPY currency.

If this is not possible is this something you could add in the future?

Answers

• Hi Sjir,

This is currently possible If you're going to customize your storefront theme files. I will create a feature request regarding this for our product development team to discuss.

• Robin de Geus
    edited February 2022

+1 for this feature, as I have people checking out in USD that should only be able to checkout in EURO or NZD.

As you can set different prices for a variety of currencies this would make sense to be built-in otherwise overseas customers can just choose a cheaper option (currency) and checkout with that currency. Which is what is currently happening in our store.