πŸ“£ The forum has moved to GitHub

We’ve switched to GitHub Discussions as the hub for our community. This will improve the experience of collaborating for everyone, sharing what you’re working on, and discussing ideas for how Swell can be improved. Existing threads will remain open, but new posts are disabled.

Go to GitHub β†’

Email delivery issue

Hello all,

on my principal account I can't receive any email from Swell, either as store admin or a customer.

There is any way to view the mail log and catch any error?

Answers

• Hi Valerio,

Currently, only our engineers can access the mail log. Can you share the email address that can't receive any email from Swell so that we can check from our end?

• Any follow up on this?

• Hi Valerio!

I apologize for the late response. Are you still experiencing the issue?

• yes, actually I've just tried with a order and it does not deliver any email on my address.

• Still no answer after more that 15 days?

• Hi Valerio,

I apologize for the delay as I didn't get notified If I'm not tagged. I've created a ticket for our engineers to check our logs, but most of the time, it's some filtering logic from your email hosting provider. May I know your email hosting provider?

• Hey Jesse,

thanks for the reply

I manage my own mail server, and I've checked in all the logs. No trace of Swell email, nor as a sender, title or description.

I've also checked on our spam server, with no luck

• Hi Valerio,

I'm still waiting for feedback from our engineers. I do notice that in your store settings, this is off.

Can you try to enable that and check If you'll be able to receive an email as an admin?

• Hey Jesse,

sorry for the delay. I can't find this setting on my dashboard. Could you please point me in the right direction?

• Steven Knobles
    edited February 2022

@Valerio These settings can be found under admin/settings/users within your dashboard. Once within the user tab in the dashboard, select the user profile you want to update the setting for.

• @Steven Knobles thanks for your message. I've enabled it, tried a order. No mail on my inbox :(

But finally I got some info from my server about

DD9E240F11: milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE from wrqvcczc.outbound-mail.sendgrid.net[149.72.204.236]: 5.7.1 This message does not meet our delivery requirements; from=<bounces+2452237-4043-valerio.fornito=artecoop.it@em4186.swell.store> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<wrqvcczc.outbound-mail.sendgrid.net>

and this is the screenshot from my rspamd log

I think it is because you're trying to impersonate me when sending emails via sendgrid.

• @Valerio Thank you for providing these details. We use Sendgrid for our internal email processing, but I am not entirely familiar with the setup and its implementation.

Would you be able to provide any details on the server or the service you use?

I will speak with our engineers on this to see if they can advise as to the cause of the issue. It could be related to a configuration causing conflicts that were not considered during setup.

• @Steven Knobles is a standard postfix + clamav + rspamd server. Our bayesian training is completely internal

• @Valerio Thank you for the details on the server setup. Consulting our engineers on this and will advise further as soon as possible.