πŸ“£ The forum has moved to GitHub

We’ve switched to GitHub Discussions as the hub for our community. This will improve the experience of collaborating for everyone, sharing what you’re working on, and discussing ideas for how Swell can be improved. Existing threads will remain open, but new posts are disabled.

Go to GitHub β†’

Taxes only applied to shipping

I can't seem to get product taxes to work as expected. Products and shipping rates are set to 'include taxes', but on orders it shows this:

the tax rule is being applied to shipping, as it should, but not to physical products (although that is selected). Any ideas?

Answers

• @Nicolas Kort , for which store is this? Not seeing any order or tax rule added to the one linked to the store linked to your email address.

• @Nicolas Kort can't seem to replicate this behavior. It could be something with the product itself. Try to test with a different product and give it a go.

My testing was successful with the same settings, so I think it's something with the product, but let me know how it goes.

• @Jesse B nope still can't get this to work. What could be wrong about the product? Could you show me the Tax settings for your example above?

I have the following and it's not working:

• This still isn't resolved, could anyone shed some light on why this might be the case?

• Hello @Nicolas Kort, I believe the issue you are experiencing might be related to a setting within the tax rule.

Please see the screenshot below.

The setting for "Product tax classes" is highlighted. Can you please disable the 'Standard' option and then retest and let me know if that fixes the issue?