📣 The forum has moved to GitHub

We’ve switched to GitHub Discussions as the hub for our community. This will improve the experience of collaborating for everyone, sharing what you’re working on, and discussing ideas for how Swell can be improved. Existing threads will remain open, but new posts are disabled.

Go to GitHub →

Allow embedded videos

There used to be an embed option where users can place their own HTML code into the description text of the "Heading with text" sections on the storefront, although this is no longer possible.

I would like to showcase some videos of products/commercials/etc. and an easy embed option would be the simplest way to do so!

Thanks

Answers

• Yep big +1 here

• Hello @Joyce Ayad, I checked with our storefront team, and they advised that they are not aware of a feature that allowed you to embed videos within the storefront pages specifically. However, we allow the ability to embed videos within the product descriptions directly and render them on the product page. (Screenshot below for reference)

• steaven
    edited August 2022

Hello,

I have started a new store but I have already one previously built with Origin V1.

With version 1, I was able to embed a video in an Header section by adding an embedded code into the Description field.

But since I have updated the theme to the last Origin version ( V2), I don't have this feature anymore in the Header Text section

All the different options to add and format content in the "Description" field have disappeared.

I cannot add video URL or Images, I cannot indent content, cannot align the text anymore .

What has happened ? Really it is a big loss since the V2. So disappointed by this Origin v2.

Before with Orgin V1 :

Now with Orgin V2 ( nothing)

Please help recovering all the insert links and formatting option in the description field

Thank you

• I have tried to embed a video in the Product description page and I think that the result is really ugly.

I am so disappointed that we cannot showcase a product in the Home page by embedding a video in a Header section like in previous version..

At least , it would have been better to have the possibility to add a video in the image gallery.

My preference is still to be able to embed video in the Home page Please consider this enhancement

Thank you