πŸ“£ The forum has moved to GitHub

We’ve switched to GitHub Discussions as the hub for our community. This will improve the experience of collaborating for everyone, sharing what you’re working on, and discussing ideas for how Swell can be improved. Existing threads will remain open, but new posts are disabled.

Go to GitHub β†’

Conversion tracking code

Hi, I need to add a conversion tracking code to the swell checkout confirmation page.

I found a place to add a script for the checkout confirmation page, but I need to have access to the order object. I need to dynamically add a bunch of order-related data. I see we can use "{{ order }}" to render information but I am not too sure where I can see what data I have access to it.

Please let me know how I can add order-related data on the checkout script field, thanks!! πŸ™

Answers

• Hello Sohee,

The script can be included within the Settings > Checkout > Checkout Scripts section. Keep in mind that the script will need to be saved before the checkout is generated, and won't reflect while refreshing in real-time.

ο»Ώο»ΏYou will also need to fetch the order if you want to pass this on. To retrieve those fields, you can include aΒ fetchΒ call in your script like so:

<script>
    var pathArray = window.location.pathname.split('/');
    var secondLevelLocation = pathArray[2];
    console.log(secondLevelLocation);

fetch('https://storename.swell.store/checkout/api/' + secondLevelLocation)
      .then(response => response.json())
      .then(data => console.log(data));
    </script>